Assessing The Thesis
Assessing the Thesis
Honors projects are assessed by the faculty mentor and assigned a letter grade for UHON 499. The original proposal form provides the primary guidelines for your final assessment. The following are some additional questions that may also help you in your assessment.
- Is the writing/presentation clear, organized, polished and accessible?
- Does the final project reflect substantial, in-depth effort in the field (more than is expected by other majors)?
- Does the project reflect solid grounding in terminology, resources, literature, methods, techniques, theories and/or models in the discipline?
- Can the student orally present findings from the project/research confidently and answer questions about her/his efforts?
- Is this a good example of undergraduate honors level culminating work? Is it original, or thorough, or accomplished?