The University Honors Program takes the commitment to service and leadership seriously. Our students are actively engaged in the community, effectively enhancing their learning experience and broadening their local and global views. For a list of 2016-2017 outreaches click here!
The Value of Civic Engagement
- Embracing the spirit of volunteerism and service to community are essential components of educating the whole student.
- Honors students are leaders at the university and will be leaders in their communities; our society needs leaders who care about others.
- The rewarding, highly satisfying feelings of accomplishment are priceless: "Kindness is one thing you can't give away; it comes back to you."
- Interactive, hands-on, practical applications of classroom learning provides students with personal characteristics and skills highly sought by graduate schools and employers.
- For more information about University Honors Program Civic Engagement, please contact David Milley, Assistant Director, at email@example.com or 618-453-1691.
The Office of Major Scholarship Advisement (OMSA) provides advising and application assistance for all UHP students interested in pursuing major nationally competitive scholarships and fellowships.
UHP is committed to enabling our best and brightest to reach their utmost potential. Students from all academic disciplines said that the UHP has been the highlight of their academic careers.
We hope you will consider making a tax-deductible contribution and “invest in excellence” at SIU. More information about contributing can be found here.