Welcome to the University Honors Program
This is an exciting time to join the University! Higher eductation is in a state of flux--your generation is the most information savvy, globally attuned, and aware of the possibilities and threats to our future as a species. The Honors Program is designed to empower you to explore all the resources of a comprehensive research university; connect you to the campus community and beyond, and to discover your own path.
Join us if:
- You enjoy learning and want to get the most from your studies at SIU
- You like the thought of studying in small, friendly settings with engaged and excited students and faculty
- You are eager to become involved in research opportunities as an undergraduate
- You believe in sharing your time, talent and knowledge to benefit others
- You are hungry for the experiences and friendships that will launch you on a lifelong quest for knowledge and personal growth
Entering freshmen qualify for admission on the basis of an ACT composite score of 23/SAT 1140 (or higher) or a high school GPA of 3.3/4 (or higher). However, we look at more than just that score. Students who receive an academic scholarship from SIUC are automatically accepted pending submission of the application and letter of intent.
Continuing SIUC students qualify for admission to the UHP on the basis of having completed 12 credit hours with a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher.
Transfer students with at least 12 semester hours of transfer credit qualify for admission to the program on the basis of a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher on all non-SIUC college-level work.
Interested students should complete the UHP Application Form and mail or bring it to the UHP Office, Morris Library, Suite 110.