UHP students in good standing are entitled to:
- Specially designed, small classes that substitute for Core Curriculum Courses or electives
- Access to the Honors Living Learning Communities located on West Campus
- Early registration for all classes
- Extended borrowing privileges from Morris Library
- Access to graduate level courses in some departments
- Breakfast Seminars with Distinguished Lecturers
- Access to the Office of Major Scholarship Advisement, with support for competitive national scholarships
- Peer support
- Participation in UHP-sponsored at little to no cost
- Recognition ceremony
- Access to Honors staff who take a personal interest in you and are there to assist you in any way possible in reaching your goals
- Develop lasting friendships with other outstanding Salukis who value education and take it seriously
The Office of Major Scholarship Advisement (OMSA) provides advising and application assistance for all UHP students interested in pursuing major nationally competitive scholarships and fellowships.
UHP is committed to enabling our best and brightest to reach their utmost potential. Students from all academic disciplines said that the UHP has been the highlight of their academic careers.
We hope you will consider making a tax-deductible contribution and “invest in excellence” at SIU. More information about contributing can be found here.