For Academic Advisors
Here are a few important notes that may help you advise students who are interested or in the University Honors Program:
For You -
- Sign-up for the “411” weekly newsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (This includes UHP News, Events, UHP Volunteerism, and more.)
- Please review our Academic Advisors Fact Sheet here if you are new to advising, or new to advising UHP students.
For Students -
- Direct qualified students with a 3.3 or higher to the University Honors Program, on the 1st floor of Morris Library in room 110
- Encourage students with a minimum of 30 hours remaining inquire if interested
- Double check if students are in Honors on DegreeWorks
For Coursework -
- Look for “A Taste of Honors” for interested freshman/sophomores not yet in the UHP (Below).
- Encourage UHP students to select UHON 351 courses for Core Curriculum Requirements, via our course listings
- Encourage UHP students to take Honors Recognized courses (i.e. PSYC 102H, ENGL 120H, etc).
- Students that are not in the UHP can also take English 120H so long as they have an ACT score of 29 or higher or CLEP test qualifying score of 57-60. Please contact the English Department to allow non-Honors students into this course.
- Direct Honors Students to our UHP Reservation Night Events
- Be aware of the Banner Restriction for enrollment in UHON 351. This course override is done by the UHP office.
- Continue to adhere to the Early Registration benefit extended to UHP students.
- For Degree Works support email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
The Taste of Honors
As you advise for the next semester, we hope you will encourage your outstanding students (GPA of 3.3 or above), to try out our initiative:
A Taste of Honors
- High achieving non-Honors students may enroll in some of our courses; maximum of four non-Honors students per course;
- The choices available from our courses for Fall 2020 courses are: Arts of the Anthropocene, Intercollegiate Athletics, The Nature of Sound, Tales of Two Empires
- You may view these course descriptions/schedules here. Meet the faculty teaching these courses here
- Click The Honors Curriculum then under ‘Selecting Honors Classes’ click ‘UHON 351: The Honors Curriculum’ to learn more about the nature of these classes.
- If you know of a student who is outstanding, may join Honors, and is interested in one of these courses, Contact email@example.com with their DawgTag, email, preferred course, and preferred University Core Curriculum section. We will lift Banner Restrictions and email you and the student with the CRN to register.