Upon admission into the UHP, students will complete the:Honors Certificate:
- Completing 18 hours* of UHP-approved course work. Of these, up to 6 hours may be waived for the AP credits; Honors courses taken at other post-secondary institutions; and for students with Associates Degrees). The total number of hours must include one UHON351 course and may include a 3-credit senior project or thesis under the direction of a faculty member. View here for our curriculum.
- Maintaining a cumulative grade point average of 3.3 or higher on all SIUC coursework at graduation.
- Meeting with my Honors mentor at the beginning of each semester.
- Spending 20 hours per academic year in volunteer work in service to the local community.
- Incoming freshmen are encouraged to spend their first year living in the Honors LLC, situated in either Smith or Abbott Hall (West Campus).
- Students live and learn in an exciting, dynamic environment, comprised of students from all colleges and majors, and unified by intelelctual curiosity, tenacity, and commitment to learning!
- The Honors LLC will provide students with academic support, the opportunity to network, and the potential to develop life-long friendships.
- Social events, leadership and service opportunities, special workshops, and enrichment activities will be part of your LLC experience.
- Residents are expected to participate in all LLC events.
- Upperclassmen are strongly encouraged to continue their LLC experience in Smith and Abbott Hall for sophomore year and beyond.